SQFT Studios is seeking an entry-level Carpenter to join us for a career opportunity!
SQFT Studios is a Portland Design/Build company specializing in residential projects including accessory buildings like ADUs, Home Studios, and Detached Bedrooms, as well as new homes, remodeling, and additions. Started in 2015, we are a small but growing enterprise founded by Architect Eli Green. SQFT Studios is a Residential General Contractor and a Licensed Architecture Firm.
We are seeking an entry-level carpenter to help us build our projects and our business.
This position is for someone to perform dedicated field work and carpentry. Our ideal candidate is like-minded, has great communication skills, shares our love for building and sustainability, and enjoys working with a team. A respectful and positive attitude is a must.
Our Home Studios and ADUs are partially prefabricated in our workshop and transferred to the job site, where they are erected. Most finish work happens on-site.
We produce high-quality buildings with an emphasis on modern green building practices. Our job sites are kept clean with a strong emphasis on safety and client satisfaction. We are generally working in view of our clients when constructing their ADU’s and require a respectful demeanor and presentable appearance.
- Construction of Home Studios and ADUs from framing through finish work
- Maintain a complete and thorough understanding of all aspects of a project
- Be open, courteous, and direct in communication with team members and clients
- Work with subcontractors to achieve project tasks
- Monitor work to ensure high quality, and efficiency, reduce waste, and all quality controls
- Maintain job site documents including drawings, specs, and other correspondence
- Be equally able to work on a team, take direction, or independently
- Maintain a clean and SAFE workplace
- Basic hand tools and drill driver set
- Smartphone and technical skills to track hours using an app
- Skills and Experience preferred but not required
- 5 years construction/carpentry experience
- Experience with custom residential construction
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret building documents (blueprints, plans, sections, and elevations).
- Experience with framing for new construction or remodel, building code compliance, installation, weatherproofing, siding, windows, doors, HVAC, insulation, roofing, flooring, tile, fixtures, hardware, and finish carpentry.
- Self-starter who can make smart decisions and is comfortable asking questions
- Adaptable, flexible, and patient
- Willingness to assist with general labor from cleaning, to hauling, to detailed work like flashing and installing doors and windows.
- Has a vehicle and driver’s license
This is a full-time position, to be paid hourly. SQFT Studios offers competitive compensation. SQFT Studios is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment regardless of sex, race, color, creed, nationality, medical conditions, physical handicap, or sexual orientation. SQFT Studios is dedicated to recruiting, hiring, and promoting quality applicants and strives to treat all employees equitably.
SQFT Studios LLC is licensed under the Oregon Construction Contractors Board license #209382
SQFT Studios Architecture LLC is a registered Architecture Firm license #1294AF