Can you believe another year has come and gone? Can you believe how much has happened? Here at SQFT Studios, we’re stunned by how much has changed for us over the last year. We wanted to take stock of all the good that happened this year. Join us, won’t you, as we highlight our 2017.
- In 2017, we’ve grown quite a bit. This can be measured in a number of ways. One way we like to measure growth is by the number of jobs we are creating*. At the beginning of 2017, we had one employee (shout out to Marc!). Now, at the end, we have 4 employees! We have the pleasure of working with our Project Manager Winston and Carpenters Jordan, Michael, and Jim every day. This is the team that brings you all of these amazing builds!
*Note: Not only are we hiring, but our subcontractor partners are as well!
- Another way to measure growth is by our client list. From one client in 2016 to ELEVEN in 2017, we’re hard at work on various projects! From sewing rooms to Airbnb Guest Suites 1 bedroom ADUs to a custom Japanese Teahouse inspired ADU, we’ve covered the gamut of accessory structures.
- We became involved in the “A Place For You” program put on by Multnomah County in mid-2017. This program provides compact ADUs in homeowner’s back yards at little to no cost to the homeowner, and in return, the homeowner agrees to host homeless families for 5 years. We honored and proud to be working on this project and will execute the construction of two units in early 2018. Stay tuned!
- As of September, SQFT Studios has a new home! Colloquially known as SQFT HQ, we have a brand new shop and offices located in inner NE Portland! What a change from our humble beginnings. Like all great businesses, SQFT Studios began in a garage. Now that we have our own dedicated space, it means we’re building faster and more efficient. Also, we’re 1 block away from a brewery, so that’s not bad either. We haven’t done a blog post about our new space (yet), but let us know if you’d like a tour!
- In April of 2017, we held an open house at our Guest Suite as part of Design Week Portland. It was a wonderful event where we got to talk to all sorts of people looking for additional space. We’ll be hosting another open house in 2018. We’ll update you with details as they develop.
- We have had 8,061 people visit our website 9,982 times! We try to post pertinent and relevant information and it seems people keep checking in to get that info. We’ll keep it going into the New Year.
- Finally, we’re proud to announce that co-founder Eli Green and his wife Rayna are growing their family! Little Baby Green is expected in February of 2018.
We have some big things cooking for 2018. More Home Studios and ADUs! Please stay tuned to see all the excitement in the year ahead of us.
Finally we’d like to offer a huge THANK YOU to our families, friends, clients, supporters, employees, subcontractors, and vendors for the constant support you offer us as we grow this small business into something that is making a difference in so many people’s lives. We could not do any of this without you.
Have a safe New Year and we’ll see you in 2018!